How To Make Mustard Fish Curry?
Mustard Fish Curry Recipe is popular dinner dish in all over the India. Primarily it is a Bengali recipe, but it is also very famous in Odisha.
There are two additional variants for for this recipe. You can prepare it as gravy style and fry style with mustard paste.
Buy rohu fish online on Vihan Fresh. Visit our website for a range of other options such as Fish, chicken and mutton and cook your next tasty recipe with Vihan Fresh!
Ingredients of Mustard Fish Curry
- ½ kg Fish Rohu
- Mustard oil
- 2 medium size onion sliced
- 3 medium size tomato puree
- 3 Tsp Mustard seeds paste (1 Tsp cumin seeds,5-6 cloves of Garlic, 3 tsp mustard seeds, and grind them and make a fine paste)
- ½ Tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2-3 Green chilies
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
Method of Preparation
- Firstly wash the rohu fish. In a bowl take a clean fish and add turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder mix well. keep it aside for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish untill it becomes brown. Remove the fish into a plate and keep aside.
- In same fring pan keep 3 Tsp oil in the same pan and pull extra oil from the pan.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add onions sliced. Fry all the ingredients until onions become golden.
- After onions become golden add tomato puree, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Fry them 5 -7 min or until oil dissolve.
- Add Mustard seeds paste and 3-4 cups of water instantly otherwise it might be burn and gives a bitter taste. Let it cook for 10-12 minutes with medium flame.
- Add fried fishes and half cut green chilies and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now your mustard fish recipe is ready for serve with plain rice and dal.