Are you looking for the perfect Mutton Kofta recipe?
Here is the given below Mutton Kofta Recipe in easy stpes:
Ingredients of Mutton Kofta
- 1/2 Kg mutton keema
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp chana roasted
- 14-20 Garlic pods
- 1 1/2 inch ginger
- 5 onions sliced
- Cashew nut paste
- White bread slice
- 2 tsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds – soaked in water
- 5 tomatoes (skinned & pureed)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt – whipped
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 green cardamoms
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- to taste Salt
- 3 black cardamoms
- 1 tsp whole pepper
- 6-7 Cloves
How to Make Mutton Kofta
For Mutton Kofta
- Take a large bowl and add minced mutton, fried brown onion, cashew nut paste, chana powder, white bread slice, all spices and mix properly.
- To make a fine paste with the help of grinder.
- Then make lemon sized meatballs. Take a pan and add oil once the hot. Add the koftas to the pan one by one, and let it be cook until browned from outside but raw from in side.
- Remove the KOFTAS and keep aside for further use.
- Crush the ginger, poppy seeds, and the garlic together. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the onions to it. Cook till they turn brown in color. Pour a little water to it and stir.
- Take another fring pan mix the whole spices and a cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the onion mixture add the poppy seeds and the ginger-garlic paste mixture and heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and salt. Mix well and stir.
- Add them to the onion mixture.
- Strain the water from the whole spices and add to the koftas.
- Bring it to a cook. Boil for about 5-10 minutes and then add yogurt.
- Decrease the heat and boil for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.