Mutton paya or trotters
Mutton Paya Soup is made from the legs of trotters or lamb. It is one of the most nutritious soups. Mutton Paya Soup is the healthiest for kids and old age people. Paya soup provides lots of calcium and is best for the joints as well. To cook paya soup, order online fresh mutton paya at Vihan Fresh.
Ingredients of Mutton Paya Soup
- 6 lamb trotters
- salt as required
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 2 green cardamom
- 3 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon roasted chana dal
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 sliced & slit green chilli
- water as required
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 bunch ground coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated coconut
How to make Mutton Paya Soup
- Firstly wash the paya or trotters and put it to a pressure cooker. Add salt, cardamom, turmeric powder,and black peppercorns to it. Pour 5-6 cups of water and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- After that grind both grated coconut and roasted chana dal. Make a fine paste to make outstanding soup.
- Take a frypan, heat oil, add chopped onions and green chilies to it. Saute till brown. Next, add and stir garlic and ginger paste for 30 seconds or so.
- Then, add coconut chana dal paste, red chili powder, and tomatoes. Cook till it releases oil and pull from heat.
- Now open the pressure cooker. You would see trotters have been cooked and add the masala to it. Again pressure cooker put on tle flame for cook the mixture about 10 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes open the lid of the cooker and mutton paya soup is ready to serve hot.