Goat meat is consumed all over Asia. In India, fresh goat meat is usually referred to as mutton.
So when you order a mutton raan there, it should be fresh or young kid goats because it tastes great.
You can order online mutton raan raw or fresh goat raan at Vihan Fresh.
Ingredients of Mutton Raan Roast
- 1/2 mutton raan of goat
- 200ml Greek yogurt
- 2 green chilli peppers – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 5 cloves garlic – cut into 2mm slivers
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Juice of 3 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Mutton Raan
- Take yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin, green chillies, garam masala, and lime juice to make a fine paste with the help of a blender.
- Using a sharp knife, stab holes in the meat and fill each with a garlic sliver. The piece is large so the marinade soaks into the meat.
- Rub the sauce marinade into the meat.
- Cover the leg piece and keep it in the fridge for 2 days. The extended the better.
- Before cooking gets the goat leg to room temperature and pre-heat your oven to its highest temperature.
- Put the goat leg in the oven and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- One hour in the oven will make a leg roast that is nicely charred on the outside.
- To serve, cut the fat off the bone and then slice it. Goat meat can be a bit harder than lamb so cutting it nice and thin will ensure it’s easy to eat.